TEDx events are bringing the spirit of the TED mission to local communities. Independently organized, under an official license, these events provide an opportunity to inspire the local public and increase awareness about socially important matters. TEDxBergen, introduced in 2010, has turned into a success, constantly giving word to prominent speakers from business and academia, evoking excellent feedback from the public as well was serving as a solid networking platform.
– What is the topic of this year’s conference?
– The theme of this year’s TEDxBergen conference is “Unbreakable: Overcoming Obstacles”. Obstacles can be different things: physical hurdles, mental barriers, fears, disabilities, … And everyone deals with them in their own way! The diversity of this theme is what makes it ideal for a TEDx event. Under this broad umbrella, we present eight distinct talks, each about 15 minutes long and presented in English, says Schmidt.
– How would you define the purpose of the conference?
– Our goal for the conference is to inspire each and everyone of the attendees to dare to fail forward, regardless of their point of departure. TEDxBergen is also a great networking arena because it brings together students and professionals from the Bergen area.
Read also: Started businesses while at NHH
– Who is involved in the organizational process?
– TEDxBergen is (thankfully) not a one-woman-job. Throughout the last eleven months, a team of more than 50 students from NHH and UiB has reached out to speakers, worked out sponsorship deals, figured out the logistics, and much more. It’s amazing to see the energy of all these people from diverse backgrounds and cultures working hand in hand to ensure a successful event. On the day of the conference, we will also be supported by Foto NHHS photographers, videographers from K7 Minutter, and technicians from Teknisk Gruppe to deliver a high-quality event. We’re excited to see all the hard work fall into place on October 19th!
– What can you say about the speakers?
– We’re absolutely thrilled about this year’s line-up! Our program includes leading thinkers from business, entertainment, politics, and technology, exploring the process of overcoming obstacles across disciplines and backgrounds: TV-actress Ulrikke Falch, politician Hadia Tajik, NHH phD candidate Christian Braathen, business consultant Barbara Salopek, social entrepreneur Leila Rossow, social entrepreneur and outdoorsman Robin Dale Oen, medical doctor Puneet Kaur, and tech intrapreneur Espen Myklebust. You shouldn’t miss out on what they have to say!
– Do you have any message that you would like to address to the potential attendees of the conference?
– I know the semester is almost coming to an end - it feels like there is too much to do and too little time. However, I do believe that attending TEDxBergen is a very valuable experience that enables you to get out of the NHH bubble for a while, without even having to leave campus. The event takes place in Aulaen and is all done by 16:30, so you can get back to the study hall right after. Oh, and before I forget: lunch is included in the ticket price.
Har du fått med deg disse?